is a voluntary association of like-minded individuals.
Humanity adheres to the following principles:
* Human beings live in a universe in which creation and destruction are in balance.
And, as human beings, we get to choose which we act out! A peaceful lifestyle is
life-affirmative and creates space for people to grow - a violent one is life-negative
and both comes from and promotes fear and pain. Universal peace can only come about
through learning to embrace our inner demons and then to consciously and collectively
choose inner peace. This can be a painful personal path, but the alternative is
to visit our personal pain on others, which is what leads, writ large, to war.
* Co-operation unites, harmonises and brings people together and is the only way
to truly meet our individual and collective needs - unbridled competition separates,
divides, and isolates. Co-operation flows from open, authentic and honest communication
with oneself and others and is the only path that can truly resolve the “problems”
facing our planet.
* All emotions are valid. Negative emotions, as well as positive ones, are all
to be freely owned, embraced, understood and processed. If negative ones are not
given space, they will brood, breed, fester, and eventually explode into violence.
Violence is repressed anger - unless our “no”s are freely expressed in the moment
that they are experienced, they will be suppressed and eventually lead to depression
and illness or to violent acting out - then therapeutic skills are required to free
up the old hurt and release it healthily.
* Friendship and love are the foundations of a healthy, happy and fulfilled life
- all neuroses and otherwise addictive behaviour dissolve in the presence of love.
* The fulfillment of human needs (physical, emotional, psychological, spiritual,
cultural and economic) can only occur in harmonious balance with the environmental
needs of the planet.
* Environmental sustainability and protection of the natural balance in nature requires
the lightest possible touch on our planet, and the planet needs this NOW!
* The true fulfillment of human need makes personal greed redundant. It is the
fulfillment of people’s needs that gives value to an action or a production, and
not how much that action or production can be sold for. Greed is human need turned
inside out - it is a distorted survival strategy resorted to when our real human
need for fulfilment is thwarted in some way.
* Conscious co-creativity and mutuality assures our meeting the long-term needs
of all humankind. The pursuit of private profit, at the expense of others’ and community’s
needs, has led to profound inequality and unmerited privilege, and has now to be
transformed into a desire for individual and social fulfilment.
* Leadership models, embodies and inspires qualities that free the human spirit.
As leaders we must encourage everyone to become leaders of themselves, and groups
to be groups of all leaders. Genuine leadership is all-inclusive, and authority,
status and privilege, where they exist, must only be exercised in the service of
* Religion points to the beyond, but should never be mistaken for it. The word
“religion” means to bind back together. In reality, religion, as all other systems
of belief, is often used to divide, separate and dominate.
* Openness and transparency overcome the isolation and fear generated by unnecessary
privacy and secrecy.
* Human intellect has the ability to transform, but must be matched with a corresponding
emotional, physical, sexual and spiritual awareness to ensure that it is grounded,
connected, socially responsible, and most of all, a path of heart.
* Compassion and understanding bring people together. Uniform, moral and judgmental
attitudes breed separation and division. Diversity is to be experienced, learned
from and celebrated!
* When femininity and masculinity are in perfect balance, with equal opportunities,
freedoms and responsibilities exercised by both men and women, only then will the
world and its children be held safely and the human race be able to breathe in and
out and relax in peace!
* Love is always the answer!
* Be the message, walk the talk, live by example, celebrate life!
Anyone aspiring to live by the above principles may declare themselves to be a participant
The practical day to day policies and activities of Humanity are a matter for its
participants to determine as and how and when they feel it is appropriate, according
to the setting in which they are active. Anyone acting in accordance with these
principles, individually and collectively, may declare themselves to be acting onbehalf of Humanity.